This Labex promotes an interdisciplinary approach, combining biology and ecology, and focusing on the interactions between organisms within communities, in natural or human modified environments. The objectives of this project are the following:
- Strengthen research of excellence,
- Improve the attractiveness of its laboratories,
- Structure local research,
- Regroup its constituting laboratories to foster the emergence of new concepts and applications in environmental technologies.
- The final goal lies in gathering these projects and fostering the emergence of new concepts and applications in environmental technologies.
Encompassing six laboratories of excellence in Agrobiosciences and Environmental Sciences in Toulouse, Perpignan and Moulis, TULIP aggregates 400 peoples belonging to INRA, CNRS, Paul Sabatier University, INP-ENSAT and Perpignan Via Domitia University, all statuses included.
The TULIP LabEx was selected above all on the basis of the quality of its projects and the publications of its partner laboratories.
The TULIP LabEx has also the vocation to create training programmes, either through a residential summer school or by creating an international Master's degree.